Cartrefi Conwy are currently developing exciting new affordable homes on Gloddaeth Street, Llandudno alongside Creating Enterprise and Brenig Construction, centrally located in a desirable area of Llandudno.
This £1.75 development has seen the demolition of the vacant Bryant and Hocknell building in 2019 which many will remember was previously a furniture shop for many years, and redevelopment of this modern exciting build, delivering 16 brand new 2 bed apartments utilising timber framed panel construction which is fast and sustainable.
Making great use of space, these 2 bed properties are ideal for young families starting out or couples looking to save up for a deposit to get on the property ladder. The development is also ideally located with a short walk into the centre of town, beach and railway station all at your doorstep.
Some features of the apartments will be energy efficient lighting throughout, modern kitchen and bathrooms, carpets and blinds with allocated parking for tenants outside the property.
These will be intermediate rent properties, meaning they are typically 20% less than the market rate. You can find more information on the Intermediate scheme below and the rent for these properties will be £500pcm.
Intermediate Rent Scheme
- an intermediate rental option for people who are not in a position to buy a home for various reasons, such as, insufficient deposit or a poor credit history
- the scheme is aimed at people in employment and not totally dependent on benefits
- rent is based on a Local Housing Allowance or 80% of the open market rents
- applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and register with Tai Teg
- a month’s rent and a month’s deposit will usually be required
- applicants who apply for the intermediate rental properties will also need to complete a referencing procedure by the landlord. This is to ensure that they are financially stable enough to maintain a tenancy at the specified rent level and that they are suitable tenants
- Applicant should have no more than £16,000 savings, please contact us if you require further information
This development will open its doors to tenants in late 2020.
For more information regarding the build please contact our development team on 0300 124 0040. For information on how to apply for these properties please contact our housing team on 0300 124 0050.
1 bedroom apartments (Colwyn Bay) £400 rent
1 bedroom apartments to rent now available in West End, Colwyn Bay : Please apply through Tai Teg: https://taiteg.org.uk/en/properties/1-bedroom-abergele-road-west-end-colwyn-bay1 bedroom 1 bathroom 1 reception
Powys (Coming Soon) £520 rent
Situated on the popular Park Aberkinsey development in Rhyl, the Powys is a three bedroom Intermediate rent home and has a generous lounge /dining area with separate modern, fitted kitchen and downstairs cloakroom. Eligibility:…3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 0 reception
The Chester (Rent to Own) £675PCM rent
The Chester is a detached 3 bedroom house Rent To Own property, on the Parc Aberkinsey development in Rhyl with two double rooms and one single room. This property has a living room, kitchen /…3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms 0 reception