What is intermediate housing?
Intermediate rentals are a more affordable way to rent a home (usually around 20% less than private sector rentals). This scheme will give you the opportunity to save for a deposit if you are thinking of purchasing your own home in the future.
Who qualifies for intermediate housing?
- Age – you must be over 18 years of age.
- Financial – Annual gross household income between £16,000 to £45,000
- Income – we only consider tax credit. We do not consider benefits as income.
- Employment – applicants must be in employment (part-time or full-time but must have an income of £16,000 – £45,000 gross per year) or if purchasing with savings and can’t buy on the open market without help. (You will have to prove that you have income towards running the property).
- Affordable – you can’t afford to rent on the open market and / or buy a property that suits your needs.
- Accommodation – to be either a first time buyer or if the current home is unsuitable and does not meet your family’s needs e.g.
- in need due to relationship breakdown
- specific needs
- due to family size
- Local Connection – you will be required to have a local connection with the area you choose to live e.g. live, work or with family, close family connection.
- Exemption – Service Personnel – we do consider applications even if the `Service Personnel ‘ income is ‘ zero ‘ – but there is a need to have a local connection as specifed above.
To apply for intermediate housing contact Conwy Housing Solutions:
You can contact the team via our online form or call Tai Teg on 0345 6015605
Last modified on April 13th, 2023 at 1:48 pm