Your lease will include the rights and obligations you are expected meet.
We recommended that all leaseholders hold and read through a copy of their lease as this forms the basis of your contract with us. Cartrefi Conwy can let you have a copy of your lease for a small fee or to obtain one directly from the land registry. You can call them on 0844 892 1111.
Your individual lease will include all the rights and responsibilities you have but generally most leases will include:
- To only use your home as a private residence only.
- To pay the ground rent and service charges on time.
- Not causing a nuisance or annoyance to your neighbours. Never block landings, hallways or other communal areas with bicycles, prams toys or other items including rubbish sacks. These would be a trip hazard and more importantly be dangerous in the event of a fire.
- Noise is the number one cause of disputes between neighbours. Please try to be sensitive and let your neighbours know if there will be unusual noise or workmen in your home or you are planning a party.
- Wooden or Laminate floors and Ceramic tiles. These cause the greatest problem for residents living in a block as they transmit noise easily. Your lease will require that you have carpet or other suitable floor covering to avoid the transmission of noise.
- To keep the interior of your home in good repair and not to undertake any structural alterations or additions without our written permission this would include replacement windows.
- Not to cause any damage, hazard or obstruction to the building, or neighbouring properties.
- Please be aware that in most cases you do not own the loft space above your flat.
- If you sublet your home to let us know.
Last modified on January 16th, 2017 at 2:04 pm