Home Contents Insurance

Home Contents Insurance

Why do I need it?

If you are a tenant who rents, it is unlikely your landlord will cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Cartrefi Conwy have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and  Great Lakes Insurance UK Ltd who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do you get further information?

  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • Alternatively, please visit the thistlemyhome.co.uk for more information or to request a call back.

Limits and exclusions apply. A copy of the policy wording is available on request.

The National Housing Federation and Community Housing Cymru working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd.  Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419.  Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW.  Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at https://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy

10 Reasons to choose ‘My Home Contents Insurance Scheme’.

  1. Apply over the telephone or complete an application form.
  2. Covers loss or damage to food in a fridge/freezer (excludes damage caused if the electricity supplier deliberately cuts off the supply to your home).
  3. Covers theft, water damage, fire, and many more household risks.
  4. Covers tenant’s improvements (up to £2,000 or 20% of the sum insured whichever is the greater).
  5. Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings, and garages (up to £3,000).
  6. Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible.
  7. Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms if keys are lost or stolen.
  8. You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door).
  9. Up to 35% of the contents sum insured for damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings which you are legally liable for as a tenant (excludes loss or damage whilst your home is unoccupied).
  10. Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).

It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.

Last modified on July 10th, 2024 at 10:48 am