We understand that this is a difficult time for everyone and we want to reassure you we are still here to help you. The way we work might have changed but we are still here to support you.
What we are doing to protect you and our team
- We have closed all our offices, community centres, community houses and communal areas
- We are no longer offering non-urgent repairs
- We have cancelled all community involvement activities and money support sessions
- We have set up a well-being team to give specific support to our elderly and vulnerable tenants
- We are urging all tenants who are in self-isolation to let us know so our colleagues don’t come to your home, unless it is essential
IMPORTANT – there are some essential repairs and maintenance checks we have to do by law. This includes annual gas safety checks and electrical testing every 5 years. Even if your home is self-isolating we still have to do these checks but wherever possible we will delay your appointment. In order to protect you and our front line colleagues we will give you instructions to follow before we come into your home.
Construction and improvement works on all Cartrefi Conwy and Creating Enterprise new build developments and improvement works sites has stopped. We are now safely closing the sites and putting in extra security measures.
We will give updates here on our website and get in touch with tenants and residents we need to with more details.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of our development or improvement works sites please get in touch.
Call 0300 124 0040 or email email@example.com
Keeping up to date
In order to protect yourself, your family and your community it is important that you keep up to date with the latest government guidance
The Welsh Government is taking action to make sure help and support is available when tenants need it, right across Wales and have issued a letter to all social housing tenants. Local authorities and registered social landlords have agreed everyone should be treated fairly.
- Keep you safe and secure in your home.
- Help you get the financial support you need.
- Support you and find solutions if you have difficulty paying you rent.
- Do everything we can to support your wellbeing.
Read the full letter here: https://gov.wales/letter-all-social-housing-tenants-wales-coronavirus
Getting in touch with us
As we will also be facing a reduced workforce over the coming weeks we would urge you to get in touch, make payments and report repairs on the MyCartrefi website www.mycartrefi.org
You can also make payments over the phone 0300 1240060
We are constantly updating our facebook page so please make sure you are following us to keep up to date
We ask that you look out for your friends, family and neighbours through this difficult time and to get in touch if you have any concerns.
This information was updated on 08/04/20. To keep up to date please visit the UK Government website
Last modified on April 8th, 2020 at 12:14 pm