Don’t forget – North Wales Fire and Rescue Service offer Home Fire Safety Checks for free. Book your appointment today.
Please take the time to read the following important information:
- You are six times more likely to die in a fire if you do not have a smoke alarm.
- Smoke alarms give early warning of fire – especially important when everyone is sleeping.
- Alarms should be properly maintained so test your alarm weekly. (If you are in supported sheltered housing your Independent Living Coordinator will carry out these checks for you).
- Replace the battery every year.
- At least one alarm should be fitted on each floor ideally in the hall or landing ceilings.
Last modified on May 12th, 2017 at 11:54 am