Compton House

Compton House is a 1910 traditionally-built property owned by Cartrefi Conwy, which had been previously converted into 2 self-contained flats, 3 retail premises and a basement flat.

The property had been mostly empty for several years before refurbishment. The residential units had been empty for over two years due to their condition, and the basement flat and two of the retail units had not been used for several years.

The site is on Station Road, Llanfairfechan, in close proximity to the centre of the village. The property is located within a conservation area and was in urgent need of major remedial works in order to bring it up to a standard to be re-let.

Through housing-led regeneration we can remove barriers to economic growth and help strengthen our communities. We completed a major refurbishment programme at Compton House, Llanfairfechan, which is helping regenerate and breathe economic life back in the local town.

The 6 month scheme has been a huge success, with three 2-bedroom flats and 3 shops being completely renovated. All 3 flats have been let and full-time tenants secured for the 3 retail units.

Through this programme we improved the viability of this property and re-energised a central area of this town which ultimately results in creating a positive image to encourage private investment into this community.

Key Facts

  • Total Scheme Cost: £340,571
  • Start Date: August 2012
  • Completed: January 2013
  • 3 units set at Benchmark Rent
  • 2 x 2 bedroom flats
  • 1 x 2-bedroom flat
  • 3 Retail Units at market rent generating £8,300 per annum
  • Re-energised a central area of the town
  • Increased market confidence for further investment
  • Used local supply chain and local contractor G Purchase Construction Ltd

Last modified on July 8th, 2019 at 9:55 am