Amongst the first new build developments for Cartrefi Conwy are six 2-bedroom bungalows in Maes y Glyn, Old Colwyn, which replaced 6 bungalows that were deemed unfit for purpose and structurally unsound.
The 6 bungalows that stood on the site were inadequate for modern needs and totally inefficient when it came to insulation and energy saving. All of the new bungalows have photovoltaic panels fitted on their roofs as standard, meaning tenants benefit from lower fuel bills.
We are continually working at improving our housing stock and our development programme will see us replace properties deemed unfit for purpose with new, fuel efficient homes, built to a high standard.
- Total Scheme Cost: £577,546
- Start date: March 2013
- Completed: March 2014
- 6 home development comprising
- 6 x 2 bedroom bungalows
- Each unit has been accredited with Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4
- 97% labour employed from North Wales with a local contractor
- 1 full time apprentice employed on the scheme
Last modified on July 3rd, 2017 at 3:55 pm