A new development of 28 affordable, modern day living, quality homes for rent. The Maes Glanarfon development is situated on the outskirts of Llanfairfechan town centre but still within walking distance to all the town’s amenities and close proximity to the promenade, A55 and national transport links.
The development has elevated coastal views and partly sits within the Llanfairfechan Conservation Area – the outside finishing and highly bio-diverse landscaping has been designed to integrate with the local surrounds and buildings. The development is a mix of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, 2 and 3 bedroom houses and 2 bedroom cottage flats (the cottage flats have their own entrance and garden) with both social and intermediate rents available.
The intermediate tenures have been allocated from the Affordable Housing Register. This tenure is aimed at key workers with an overall annual household income of £15,000-£30,000.
1 x 2 bedroom house
4 x 2 bedroom cottage flats
(each with their own entrance and garden)
Community investment benefits have included working with the local college, holding presentations and visits for students and tutors to assist with the college’s construction learning and course curriculum development. In addition, Cartrefi Conwy and Brenig Construction were involved in sponsorship of local events and clubs. Significantly, they also carried out at-cost refurbishment works on the local library so the town can continue to benefit from their library and community hub.
- Total Scheme Cost: £3.495M
- Social Housing Grant: £1.674M
- 87% use of local supply chain
- 85% labour employed from local area
- 205 workers employed
- Ahead of completion – January 2017
- 68.48% waste diverted from landfill
- 4 apprentices gained work experience
- 10 additional employment opportunities
- 33 weeks of work for a previously unemployed 16-25 year old
- 25 weeks of work for other previously unemployed workers
Last modified on July 8th, 2019 at 9:44 am