Bleeding a radiator
- Turn off the central heating.
- Insert a radiator bleed key into the bleed vent.
- Hold a cloth underneath the bleed vent to catch any excess water.
- Undo the bleed vent in an anti-clockwise direction and to a maximum of one turn. You should hear a hissing noise which is the air escaping.
- As soon as water starts to appear, turn off the bleed vent by turning it in a clockwise direction – do not over-tighten.
- Turn on the central heating and recheck the radiator.
Last modified on January 27th, 2017 at 3:21 pm